So you’ve landed in San Francisco and you are extremely excited about Dreamforce. Hopefully you’ve followed some good advice up to this point:
- Tips for Dreamforce First Timers
- Tips For Dreamforce First Timers and Sophomores
- Expert Tips from Bluewolf’s Client Champions
I won’t rehash all of the basics here, but hopefully you’ve at least come in with a plan, and have somewhat of an agenda for yourself. Whether you have over prepared or underprepared, here are a few simple last minute tips that don’t require a lot of effort, but can really make the Dreamforce experience a little bit better for you:
- Know that Marc’s Keynote Session Always Goes Long: because it is is packed with such good information about the future of the platform (…errm Lightning!), as well as success stories for different clouds, annnnd Marc’s penchant for scintillating conversation – this session always goes long. You will see a sea of people leaving early, scrambling to get to their next session. So either don’t plan anything for directly after the keynote, or plan to leave a bit early. But do not plan to miss it, because it is one of the more important sessions at Dreamforce. Which leads me to the second tip…
- Bring Something to Munch on and Drink at Keynotes: when you are sitting there with extreme dry mouth and about to pass out, you will thank me. I always carry around a Kind bar just incase. To a larger conversation point – don’t forget to eat. Take care of yourself. Which leads me to the third tip…
- Don’t Go Too Hard The First Night: Dreamforce is a marathon, not a sprint. Although there will be temptation at every turn, do yourself a favor and get some sleep early on. Have a drink limit. Eat properly. It will drastically increase your chances of not getting sick at the end of the week. When they aren’t looking, swap the shot of tequila your co-workers are shoving in your face with a shot of water – people will be amazed as your resiliency to hangovers, and you will be hydrating at the same time!
- If You Forgot To Bring Comfy Shoes: or you think you look too darn good in your somewhat uncomfortable shoes and didn’t bring your comfy ones…you’ve made a grave mistake. But that is okay, there is still time for you. Hop over to the Target on Mission St and buy some Dr. Scholl’s. You’l’ be gellin like a felon…and your feet will thank you.
- If You are Second Guessing Whether to Bring Something With You: don’t bring it. It will only weigh you down, you need to be light as a feather.
The rest is up to you. If you forgot to bring an extra battery charger for your device, go down to the expo…there will be a Partner giving them away. If you forgot to not carry your laptop, it is okay, there is a coat/bag check where you can stow it. If you forgot to bring your inquisitive mind, then wake up you are at Dreamforce!! Have fun!